I love chicken parmigiana. However, chicken has been on the Bonham menu rather often. Tonight, I adapted my chicken parmigiana recipe for pork cutlets. End result - moist, tender Italian flavored pork.
Yield: 2 – 4 servings
3-4 pork cutlets
¼ cup canola oil
1 cup flour
¼ tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. fresh ground rainbow peppercorn mix
½ tsp. paprika
1 – 24 oz. can of Hunt's Pasta Sauce
Parmigiana Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour ¼ cup canola oil in a shallow baking pan and coat bottom of pan evenly with the oil.
- Combine flour and seasonings.
- Dredge pork cutlets in flour. Press flour into meat.
- Place cutlets in shallow baking pan.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the bottom is golden. Carefully turn cutlets over.
- Bake another 10 minutes, or until the bottom is golden. Remove pan of cutlets from the oven.
- Place a tablespoon or two of pasta sauce under each cutlet.
- Pour pasta sauce on top of each cutlet, then sprinkle on desired amount of shredded mozzarella and parmesan romano cheese.
- Place pan back into the oven for an additional 5 minutes to melt the mozzarella.
- Remove from the oven and serve with your favorite side dishes.
|Pork Cutlet Parmigiana and Buttered Basil Corn|