Cool weather and fall leaves have arrived. Sadly, Bill and I have accepted the fact that summer is over. With the arrival of fall's cool weather, my desire to create fruit and spice laden desserts has returned.
One pan and five ingredients - cherries, coconut, crushed pineapple, spice cake, and butter. Layered desserts do not get any easier than this recipe.
It is simple enough for kid bakers because you literally just dump the ingredients into a pan.
Bake the cake until the spicy aroma, golden brown topping, and bubbling fruit announce that the cherry spice cake is done. By then, the whole house will be filled with the scent of allspice, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg. Yum!
- 1 - 18.5 oz package of ultra-moist, spice cake mix
- 1- 7 oz. package of flake coconut, sweetened
- 1 - 20 oz. can of crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1- 21 oz. can of cherry pie filling
- 2 sticks of salted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Set out a 13 x 9 inch baking pan
- Layer the ingredients into the baking pan in the following order:
1. undrained crushed pineapple
2. cherry pie filling
3. dry, spice cake mix
- Pour the melted butter evenly over the spice cake layer.
- Sprinkle the flaked coconut over the top of the cake.
- Put the cake into the oven and bake for about 45 to 50 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown.
|Golden Brown Deliciousness!|
- Let cool 30 minutes before serving warm, or let cool overnight in the refrigerator.
Enjoy creating some homemade happiness on a plate!