|Bathroom remodel in progress. The blue armoire is currently sitting in the kitchen.|
He started about a week ago and has new wall board on the outside wall, replaced the sub floor under the toilet stool, and redid the plumbing to the toilet stool.
My kitchen now has an armoire in it because of the bathroom remodel. In addition to the armoire, boxes of bathroom products, a laundry basket, and the tools of remodeling are ensconced in the kitchen. Now you know why we are eating quick food! lol...lol
My idea of quick food?
Pan-seared T-bone steaks, broiled burgers topped with Colby Jack cheese, and breakfast for dinner. Are you with me? Yum!
To see how I cook pan-seared steaks Click Here for the recipe
Broiled burgers are fast - I'm talking less than ten minutes of cooking time fast.How does that sound for fast food? A broiled burger with a side salad is way better than the drive-thru window at the fast food burger joint.
Four Quarter Pound Burgers
- Put one pound of ground chuck into a quart bowl.
- Add two tablespoons of your favorite steak sauce, one egg, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix until all the ingredients are blended.
- Measure the burger mix with a half cup measuring cup.
- Place the burger balls onto an aluminum foil lined broiler pan. I just use the bottom by it self. A baking tray with sides will work too.
- You should have four burger balls to shape into a round patty.
For broiling instructions Click Here
- When the burgers are almost done, top with shredded Colby Jack cheese and broil for about 25 seconds more.
Breakfast for Dinner
- Strawberry Bacon Sliders Click Here for the recipe
- No Fuss Brown Butter Blueberry Pancakes Click Here for the recipe
- Fall Spiced Blueberry Pancakes Click Here for the recipe