Yield: about 9 sliders
Silver dollar size pancakes
Strawberry preserves, warmed
Baked bacon, about 12 oz.
For each slider:
- Take two pancakes and lightly butter one side of each pancake. You can omit the butter if you wish.
- Place about 1 teaspoon warm strawberry preserves on a pancake
- place desired amount of bacon on top of the preserves
- top with the second pancake, butter side toward bacon.
To prepare the bacon:
- Put the bacon slices in a baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Turn bacon slices after about 10 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels before using.
My Pantry Style Pancake Recipe
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- Canola oil cooking spray
- Place dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Use a wire whisk and blend the dry ingredients until well blended.
- Add the egg, milk, and canola oil.
- Stir with the whisk until well blended.
- If the batter is too thick, add 1/4 cup water or milk.
- Lightly coat a hot nonstick skillet with the canola oil cooking spay.
- Use one tablespoon of batter for each pancake. I make 6 or 7 at a time.
- Cook pancakes until bubbly and slightly dry around the edges.
- Turn and cook other side until golden brown.
Yield: about 18 small pancakes.