I decided to make peach crisp for the first time. The recipe I used was from an older Betty Crocker cookbook. The peach crisp was easy to assemble and bake. However, the amount of cinnamon and nutmeg the recipe calls for is too much for me. I finished eating the peach crisp an hour ago and my mouth is still warm and tingly from the two spices. I adjusted the amount of cinnamon and nutmeg in the recipe.
Peach Crisp Recipe
- 29 ounce can of sliced peaches, drained
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup light margarine, softened
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the peach slices in a greased, 8 inch, square pan.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle the topping over the peach slices.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm. If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.
Yield: 4-6 servings