Friday, April 11, 2014

Cake Walk Cupcakes

Spring bake sales and fundraisers have arrived! Last night I baked cupcakes for the school carnival after working all day. Working all day and making cupcakes by night means I used store bought cake mix and frosting. Sometimes, it is just easier to open a box.

To create my quick and easy cupcakes I used the following items:


  • one box of white cake mix
  • one box of devil's food chocolate cake mix
  • one container of lemon frosting
  • one container of strawberry cream frosting
  • Silver foil cupcake liners will also add extra eye appeal.


Directions

Note: I only made two dozen cupcakes, but I had enough extra batter that I made an 8", marbled cake that I put into the freezer for another day.


  • Place foil liners into two, one dozen, cupcake pans.
  • Follow cake mix package directions and make one bowl of white cake batter and one bowl of chocolate cake batter. I use two whole eggs with white cake mixes.  
  • Place about 1/3 cup of batter into each cupcake liner.
  • Bake as directed on the package.
  • Cool and frost as desired. 




White cupcakes with lemon frosting. Notice the plastic clamshell package? No, I did not buy it. The package was recycled by washing it in hot, soapy water and drying by hand. The packaging looks as good as new! After all, it only held cupcakes one time before.

I filled a pastry bag with frosting, snipped the end off, and piped coils around the cupcakes.
Then, I applied sprinkles! See the foil liners? Using silver foil liners is an EASY way to
create extra eye appeal.

Devil's food chocolate with strawberry frosting. I piped the frosting on using a #194 tip. I love the hydrangea effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by and visiting. SalleeB