Spring bake sales and fundraisers have arrived! Last night I baked cupcakes for the school carnival after working all day. Working all day and making cupcakes by night means I used store bought cake mix and frosting. Sometimes, it is just easier to open a box.
To create my quick and easy cupcakes I used the following items:
- one box of white cake mix
- one box of devil's food chocolate cake mix
- one container of lemon frosting
- one container of strawberry cream frosting
- Silver foil cupcake liners will also add extra eye appeal.
Note: I only made two dozen cupcakes, but I had enough extra batter that I made an 8", marbled cake that I put into the freezer for another day.
- Place foil liners into two, one dozen, cupcake pans.
- Follow cake mix package directions and make one bowl of white cake batter and one bowl of chocolate cake batter. I use two whole eggs with white cake mixes.
- Place about 1/3 cup of batter into each cupcake liner.
- Bake as directed on the package.
- Cool and frost as desired.
|I filled a pastry bag with frosting, snipped the end off, and piped coils around the cupcakes. |
Then, I applied sprinkles! See the foil liners? Using silver foil liners is an EASY way to
create extra eye appeal.
|Devil's food chocolate with strawberry frosting. I piped the frosting on using a #194 tip. I love the hydrangea effect.|