Friday, November 2, 2012

Creative Writing versus Informational Writing

Poetry is what comes easily to me. Somehow the words just form into lines, the lines into stanzas, and the stanzas into a poem. Its there, its almost an organic process. Poems have formed themselves inside my brain and all I had to do was sit and type. An hour or two later, a new poem was born.

Creative writing has always been almost as easy for me. Now I'm trying to write articles for a website and I feel very amateurish. Not a fun place to be. I have been doing a lot of reading, taking short courses, and trying to educate myself about this new type of writing that I am attempting. Stubbornness can be a positive character trait. Although I think its usually referred to as perseverance in this context.

Have you tried something new lately? Feel free to share with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by and visiting. SalleeB