Monday, November 12, 2012

Buyer Beware or Buyer Be Aware?

Buyer Be Aware

Bargain shopping is one of my specialties and keeps me comparing prices constantly. Price gouging for almost new items has always been around, but it seems to be topping new heights on some of the more popular auction and Buy It Now shopping sites. The websites aren't doing the price gouging, but their merchants seem to be. Remember the old adage, "Buyer Beware" ?

My Experience

I was shopping at my favorite online store yesterday because of the two $14 blouses I purchased four weeks ago.  My original purchase price was $36 which included the shipping cost. The blouses were so figure flattering and their cost was so budget friendly,  that I wanted to purchase one  more. However, my wish list blouse was out of stock and there wasn't any back order notice. Drats! So I surfed my way to another online shopping spot where I could browse through gently used, name brand blouses. Imagine my surprise when I found the exact blouse that was on my wish list. However, the price wasn't budget friendly at all. Even though the blouse was pre-owned, it's price with shipping, was a bargain busting $33. My mouth literally fell open.

Online Budget Buys
About a year ago, a coworker and friend told me about the great bargain shopping purchases she had made by going through the Clearance and Sale sections of nationally known, online stores like: JC Penney, Target, Dillard's, and Kohl's. After hearing about her bargain shopping experience, I started checking out online store sales and found that I could buy name brand clothing items for as little as $8 each. Topping off this pleasant surprise is the fact that many online department stores offer free shipping when you spend $50. This is my kind of bargain shopping.   Another online shopping option is to use a comparison shopping website; two of my favorites are thefind.com and nextag.com .

Thanks for reading about my shopping experience and I hope that my story will help you in your online shopping adventures.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by and visiting. SalleeB