A bowl of your favorite pancake batter and frozen blueberries are all you need to make No Fuss Blueberry Pancakes. The blueberries thaw as the pancake batter cooks on the buttered griddle. Bill loves the way the juicy, warm blueberries burst when he bites into them!
|Cooking tip: |
Problem - Pancakes are not done in the center, but golden brown on both sides
Solution - Microwave for 15 seconds. Check centers. microwave for another
15 seconds if necessary.
My Favorite Pancake Recipe
My tried and true pancake recipe is from my vintage 1985 Betty Crocker Cookbook. I adjusted the recipe slightly.
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup milk, or water
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1 Tbsp. sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1-2 Tbsp. of salted butter
- Place all of the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Stir to blend
- Make a depression in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Place the egg, milk, and canola oil into the dry ingredients.
- Beat by hand with a whisk just until smooth.
- Grease heated griddle with 1 Tbsp. of butter.
- Use 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake.
- Sprinkle frozen blueberrie on top of batter
- Cook pancakes until puffed and dry around the edges.
- Turn and cook the other side until golden brown.
Makes about eight 5" pancakes.
To double this recipe use:
2 cups of flour
1 1/4 cup of milk, or water
1/4 cup of canola oil
2 Tbsp. of sugar
4 tsp. of baking powder
1 tsp. of salt
2-3 Tbsp. of salted butter.
Follow the same directions.