Yep, a few of you have tried this idea out too, BUT I don't think anyone else has had such excellent results as I have.
Why? Because I actually use ideas from more than one mug cake recipe. Yep, I did what I do best...take inspiration from more than one recipe and combine them into a new recipe.
Storing Cake Mix for Mug Cake Use
- Measure out 6 Tbsp. of cake mix into an individual, zip top sandwich bag. Repeat.
- Roll the bags tightly and zip the tops closed.
- Place the rolled bags of cake mix back into the cake mix box to store for use at a later time.
A 16.50 ounce package of cake mix will make about 8 mug cakes.
I hope you will try my cake mix hack - Cake Mix Mug Cake.
Recipe for a Five Minute Mug Cake
Yield: about 1 - 12 ounce serving, or about 2 - 6 ounce servings
- Crack a large egg into a small bowl and beat with a fork until the yolk and egg white are blended fairly well.
- Set aside.
- 6 Tbsp cake mix, any flavor
- 3 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp melted butter, oil, or melted shortening
- about 1 1/2 Tbsp. of the beaten egg
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Stir ingredients in the mug together for about a minute, or until smooth and well blended.
- Place mug into microwave and cook for 3 minutes. Cooking time is for a 900 - 1000 watt microwave.
- The cake will rise to the top of the mug.
- Remove the mug from the microwave and allow to cool 2-3 minutes.
- At this point, you can turn the cake out onto a plate and slice it into two portions, or you can leave it in the mug for a 12 ounce serving.
- Top with the topping of your choice and enjoy!