My answer to the hubby?
"I can make some treats."
lol...lol little did he know that I had yummy, strawberry chocolate treats in mind!
This simple easy treat can be made in less than thirty minutes. The next time you want something sweet, reach for a bag of marshmallows, sugar free strawberry jello, and some chocolate almond bark.
Strawberry Chocolate Squares
- 1 - 10 oz. bag of marshmallows
- 1 - 0.30 oz. pkg. of sugar-free strawberry jello
- 4 Tbsp. butter, or margarine
- 3-4 squares of chocolate almond almond bark, or about 1/4 of a 20 ounce package
- 6 cups of puffed rice cereal
- Lightly grease a rectangular, 2 quart casserole pan with vegetable shortening and set aside.
- Place 4 Tbsp. of butter in a microwaveable 3 quart bowl.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals until the butter is melted
- Empty the sugar-free jello and marshmallows into the 3 quart bowl
- Stir until the marshmallows are evenly coated with the butter and jello.
- Microwave the marshmallows for 1 minute.
- Remove from the microwave and stir for a minute
- Microwave for an additional 30 seconds
- Remove from the microwave and stir until the marshmallows are completely melted and blended with the jello.
- If necessary, microwave for an additional 15 seconds.
- Stir in the 6 cups of puffed rice cereal until the marshmallows are blended evenly with the cereal.
- Spoon the cereal mixture into the lightly greased 2 quart casserole pan.
- lightly coat your hands with vegetable shortening and press the cereal mixture into an even layer with no air pockets.
- Set the pan of cereal treat mix aside.
- Put 3-4 squares of chocolate almond bark( about 1/4 of a 20 ounce package) into a microwaveable small bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute and stir
- Microwave for an additional 15 seconds and stir the chocolate bark until it is completely melted. If necessary microwave for an additional 15 seconds.
- Pour the melted chocolate bark on top of the cereal treats and spread evenly with a spoon.
- Place the pan of treats in the freezer compartment of your refrigerator for 5 minutes, or until the chocolate bark is firm.
- Slice the treats into 12 large squares, or 16 smaller squares, with a sharp knife
Enjoy your slice of homemade happiness on a plate!