Tuesday, February 23, 2016

It's a Boy! Baby Shower - Lime Green and Blue

About the last week of January, I received a phone call from my pregnant daughter. The conversation went like this:

A: Hi, mom. Are you feeling?
S: I am feeling better. My ribs and head feel a LOT better now. (I was in a black ice accident and totalled my car about a week before the phone call.)
A: Mom, are you going to have a baby shower for Cooper?
S: I was thinking about it.We only have five weekends until you are due. (This is where I pulled up the calendar on the computer.)

After checking the church calendar, our calendars, and her sister's calendar 
We set a date three weeks away. Yep, I know I am crazy for attempting a baby shower in three weeks, but that is the challenge I took on. 

My first step was to create a private event page on Facebook 
Ashley invited family and friends. I invited the church family members.Immediately after having the shower put on the church calendar, the event was in the church bulletin for the next three weeks. 

How did I plan the decor? By Searching Pinterest, Baby! 
Most of my ideas came from pictures featured on Pinterest boards. 

The trick to not getting overwhelmed? Search by color. I searched for lime green and blue baby showers. 

A variety of themes appeared during my color search - nautical, jungle, monkeys, rubber duck, and little man. However, I kept my colors firmly in mind. 

When I couldn't find the printed plates I designed the colors from, I didn't melt down. Instead, I chose solid colors in lime green and blue.
The night before the shower.
Alternating lime green and blue napkins and cutlery were rolled and then tied with white curling ribbon for the place settings. 
Table cloths, plates, napkins, cutlery, prizes, name tags, banners, and lime green balloons were purchased at dollar stores. A 72-balloon package with predominantly white, light blue, and a darker blue balloons was purchased from the local supercenter.
The finished decor for the It's a Boy! baby shower.
Onesies with baby animals coordinate with the centerpiece toys. A blue and white clothesline completed the onesie banner. 

  • Cupcake and sugar cookie party favors were placed on the tables for the guests.
  • The cupcakes are baked in aluminum liners and topped with blue and green swirled buttercream frosting. 
  • The letter "c" initial sugar cookies are topped with royal icing.
  • Party cups, treat bags, and light blue, iridescent curling ribbon were used to package the favors. 
 
Cupcake and sugar cookie favors flank a  mini-diaper cake and frog centerpiece. See the red lip print on the frog's cheek? 
  • Guess How Many? baby bottle game - You will need two, 11 oz. packages of candy to fill a 9 ounce baby bottle with only blue and green pieces. The bottle is the prize.
  • Shower prizes - Blue body wash with adorable bath puffs. 
  • The labels are squares cut from a jumbo gift bag. I printed "From Ashley's shower to yours!" on each label. Then I tied everything together with light blue, iridescent curling ribbon. 
I hope this post helps you plan a baby shower. For a baby girl, use the same ideas just use pink and lime green. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by and visiting. SalleeB