Friday, February 26, 2016

It's a Boy! Baby Bottom Cake

Here it is! The baby bottom cake topper and half sheet cake that I made for my daughter's baby shower.
Cake topper ingredients: rolled butter cream fondant, cereal treats, and royal icing
Mini-fondant cutters were used for the baby's name
Cake frosting and piping: butter cream frosting and a 1M tip
To form the baby bottom, legs, and feet, I used warm, marshmallow cereal mixture.  

Baby bottom - A small, two cup bowl is a great mold for shaping the baby bottom. 

Baby Legs and Feet - A 3 1/2 inch cookie cutter helped me to shape the legs and feet.
  •  First, I made two circles by packing warm, marshmallow cereal treat mixture into the cookie cutter; one 3/4" thick and one 1/2" inch thick.
  •  Next, I cut the 3/4" circle in half and formed two curved "legs." 
  • I also cut the 1/2" circle in half and formed the feet from these two pieces.  
Rolled Butter Cream Fondant Recipe               Click Here
Silky Smooth Butter Cream Frosting Recipe      Click Here  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by and visiting. SalleeB