Sunday, January 17, 2016

Six Ingredient Corn Casserole

















I am bored with my usual side dishes.

Seriously, I am tired, tired, tired of potatoes and pasta.

The solution to my problem? Time to get out an old cookbook. Old, as in 1969. 

Sorry if this is the year you were born. I'm even older if it makes you feel any better.

Anyway, I decided it was time to try out a new-to-me recipe for corn casserole since whole kernel corn is the star of the pantry this week. 

Star as in -  I have more cans of whole kernel corn than anything else! 

Yield: 6-8 servings                                                          
Cooking Time: 30 minutes    

Six Ingredients
  1. 3 eggs, well beaten
  2. 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
  3. 1-2 Tbsp. white sugar I use 2 Tbsp. because we love sweet corn. 
  4. 2 cups shredded, Colby Jack cheese
  5. 2 - 15.25 oz cans whole kernel corn, drained
  6. 4 slices of cooked bacon, drained and crumbled
Directions
  • Combine eggs, flour, and sugar in a medium size bowl and beat well.

  • Stir in Colby Jack cheese, corn, and bacon

  • Put the mixture into an ungreased 10 inch by 6 inch x 1.5 inch baking dish.

  • Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes, or until a a butter knife inserted into the center comes out clean.

  • Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before cutting into six or eight pieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by and visiting. SalleeB