Tuesday, January 5, 2016

OREO Triple-Layer Chocolate Pie Recipe - Kraft Recipes


This was my family's favorite pie over the holiday season! 
Altogether, I made four of these pies. The pie shown in the picture was the fourth pie and I made it for Christmas dinner at my daughter's house. 
After making four pies, I arrived at two conclusions about this recipe.
  •  Four hours is an insufficient amount of time for chilling this pie. Overnight, or twenty-four hours is BEST!
  • The filling is VERY stiff when you use 2 cups of milk with 2 packs of Jello brand pudding. I used my electric mixer on low to blend the cold milk and pudding mix. Did I mention the mixture is very stiff? On the fourth pie, I changed the amount of milk to 2 1/2 cups and had equally good results.
Next, the cookie crust turned out differently every time I made a pie. I used the exact number of cookies, the exact amount of melted butter, and still had different results. I ended up adding an extra Tbsp. or two of melted butter for three of the cookie crusts. 
  1. Two crusts were crumbly, but would press together
  2. One crust was very crumbly and barely holding together
  3. One crust was perfect
Very crumbly crust that would barely hold together. 
Perfect cookie crust. 
I have no idea why the darn cookie crumb crust was like this, but I could still serve the pie in slices. 

The last change I made was using my favorite nondairy topping, Extra Creamy Cool Whip. 
To see the original recipe, click on the link below. 

OREO Triple-Layer Chocolate Pie Recipe - Kraft Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by and visiting. SalleeB