Wednesday, December 16, 2015

You Rock! Christmas Treat Bag


Last year, my sister Nan sent me a jar of what looked like gravel. Bill and I eyed the jar of rocks trying to figure out why my sis would send me a jar of rocks. 

Finally, I picked up several nuggets of "rock" and smelled them. 
"Chocolate" is what my nose told my brain. Trusting my sense of smell, I popped the "rocks" into my mouth and let them sit in my mouth for a short while. Yep, my nose was right and what my sis had sent me was a jar of  candy coated, chocolate rocks. 

This year, I found a great deal on one pound bags of gluten free, Choco Rocks and decided to make You Rock! Christmas treat bags for the elementary students that I work with. Personally, I think this is a very cute way to send a positive message to students. Candy slogans appeal to the kid in me, too. 
  
Note: I used 1/3 cup of Choco Rocks for each treat bag and a one pound bag will fill about 7 snack size, treat bags.  

To make your own treat bags you will need the following materials:
  • snack size, zip top bags
  • 3x5 index cards
  • Christmas gift labels
  • bows
  • Choco Rocks
  • red and green permanent markers
  • stapler
To Assemble
  1. Fill out the 3x5 index cards. 
  2. Add a square gift label and bow to each card.
  3. Put 1/3 cup of Choco Rocks into each gift bag and zip closed.
  4. Staple each decorated index card to the top of each zip bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by and visiting. SalleeB