Bill, my husband, loves to watch shows and movies about zombies. He also loves to eat a snack while watching zombies closing in on the next, horrified victim. When I asked him to help me name this snack mix, I should have known he would want the word "zombie" in the title.
You can be in the kitchen making a batch of crunchy, salty, sweet, buttery, peppermint chocolate Zombie Crunch Snack Mix while your sweetie watches zombies eat people too.
Prep. Time: About 10 minutes Cook Time: About 10 minutes
- 1- 2.9 oz bag of popped Movie Theatre Butter popcorn.
- 10 oz. of vanilla almond bark, or half a package
- 1 Tbsp. all vegetable shortening
- Mini pretzels
- 2-3 candy canes, broken into small pieces I put the candy canes into a zip top bag and use my meat tenderizing mallet to break the canes into small pieces. The size depends on your preference.
- Semi sweet chocolate chips
- Place popped popcorn into a large, shallow bowl
- Add desired amount of mini pretzels, chocolate chips, and broken candy canes on top of the popcorn. No measuring is required. 2 or 3 handfuls of pretzels and a handful of chocolate chips. It is that easy.
- Microwave 10 oz. of vanilla almond bark following the package directions.
- Add 1 Tbsp. of shortening to the melted almond bark and stir until well blended
- Drizzle half of the melted vanilla almond bark mixture evenly over the popcorn snack mix.
- Stir gently to lightly coat the popcorn snack mix.
- Repeat with the remaining half of the vanilla almond bark mixture.
- Turn the coated popcorn snack mix out into an aluminum foil lined cookie sheet and spread out evenly.
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer compartment of your refrigerator for five minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and gently break the clumped mixture into smaller pieces.
- Store the Zombie Crunch Snack Mix in zip top bags or a storage bowl with a tightly fitting lid.
|Zombie Crunch Snack Mix spread out on a lined cookie sheet.|
After cooling in the freezer for five minutes, the Zombie Crunch Snack Mix is ready to gently break apart and eat.
Yield: Enough to feed 2 hearty snackers or 3 light snackers