Monday, December 15, 2014

Sallee's Sugar Cookies - A Cookie Exchange Winner!

The two zip bags of cookies were for my coworker, Carrie. Carrie is a big fan of my sugar cookies.
Deck the cook with a flowered apron Fa la la la la, la la la la
Bake the fav'rit'  Christmas cookies Fa la la la la, la la la la


Roll out sugar cookies. Yep, I decided to take my classic, holiday sugar cookies to the cookie exchange at work this year. In addition to using the traditional cookie recipe, I decided to make my favorite shape of all time, Christmas trees. 
This year, twenty-seven of my coworkers brought three dozen cookies to the cookie exchange. The cash prizes were a great surprise!



Yes, I am a Christmas tree lover. The variety of decorating schemes for Christmas trees are endless! This love of decorating Christmas trees, includes making and decorating Christmas tree cookies.

Inspiration for this year's cookie exchange Christmas tree cookies was found over at Bakers Royale. Blogger Naomi Robinson's gorgeous white on white Christmas tree cookie pictures provided the decorating scheme for my cookies. 
  • Thinned frosting was spread on the cookies with a butter knife. 
  • The frosted cookies were placed on a cooling rack that was sitting on a baking sheet to collect drips.
  • The frosting was glossy and set in about twenty minutes. 
  • Then the garland and decorations were piped on.
  • White garland and green "ornaments" were piped on with a pastry bag that had the tip snipped.
  •  The blue ornaments were piped on with a #2 piping tip and pastry bag. 


For the cookie and frosting recipes click on the link:  Sallee's Sugar Cookies



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by and visiting. SalleeB