My oldest daughter arrived for Thanksgiving dinner carrying a shopping bag. Her contribution to dinner was a four ingredient, fruit salad that was ready to eat in fifteen minutes. I love the ease and speed of this recipe!
Coconut Cream Tropical Fruit Salad can be served as a side dish, or as a light dessert.
Yield: about 1 quart, or 4 cups
- 2-15 oz. cans of tropical fruit salad packed in fruit juice
- 1-3.4 oz. package coconut cream instant pudding
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows I like to use a cup and a half.
- Optional - 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- Drain juice from tropical fruit salad into a two cup liquid measuring cup.
- Add enough milk to the fruit juice to make 1 1/2 cups of liquid.
- In a one quart serving bowl, combine fruit juice mixture with the package of pudding.
- Whisk for two minutes.
- Stir in the miniature marshmallows and the drained, tropical fruit salad.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Try different combinations of fruit and pudding flavors.
- Vanilla pudding , canned fruit cocktail in juice
- Lemon pudding, pineapple chunks in juice, small can of mandarin oranges in juice
- Add 1 large banana, sliced to any of the fruit and pudding combinations.