Peach Cobbler Ingredients
½ c. butter or margarine
½ tsp. salt
1 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 c. all purpose flour
¾ c. milk or water
2-29 oz. cans of sliced peaches, drained (4 cups of peaches)
½ c. all-purpose flour
½ c. quick oats
¾ tsp. ground cinnamon
⅓ c. margarine or butter, softened
Peach Cobbler Directions
- Combine topping ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place 1/2 cup of butter or margarine into the 13 inch by 9 inch baking dish.
- Put pan in oven until the butter is melted.
- Remove from oven.
- Sift sugar, baking powder, four, and salt.
- Mix sifted mixture with milk or water and pour over melted butter in baking pan.
- Layer 3-4 cups of sliced peaches over the batter. I only use 3 cups of peaches. The remaining cup of peaches is usually packed in my lunch the next day.
|Melted butter, batter, and layered peaches ready to bake.|
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min.
- Remove cobbler from the oven and evenly sprinkle topping over the top.
|After 30 minutes of baking|
|Topping applied and ready to bake another 30 minutes|
- Return the cobbler to the oven and continue baking for another 30 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.
- Drizzle with Cinnamon Glaze
Cinnamon Glaze Ingredients
1/3 cup butter, or margarine
2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 - 2 Tbsp. hot water
Cinnamon Glaze Directions
- Heat margarine in a saucepan over low heat until it is melted.
- Stir in powdered sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Stir in water, 1 Tbsp. at a time, until glaze is smooth and the consistency of honey.
- Drizzle over cooled cobbler. I like to put the glaze into a piping bag, snip the tip, and drizzle in a zigzag pattern across the cobbler.