Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Redneck Hummingbird Feeder




Our redneck humming bird feeder
Manufactured on 7-31-2013 by Team Bonham

Mornings are not a good time for me until I drink two cups of coffee. This morning, immediately after waking up,  I let the dogs out and noticed the humming bird feeder was empty. Walking over to the empty feeder, I reached up to remove it from the nail it hangs from. Somehow, the ten year old feeder ended up on the porch floor. The old, brittle, plastic feeder bottle broke.

 My oldest daughter (age 28) was eighteen when she gave me the hummingbird feeder. Seeing it lying in pieces quickly cleared up my sleep-fogged, precoffee brain. As I picked up the broken bottle, I noticed the diameter of the bottle top was the same as a soda bottle.

Bill, who wakes up completely alert and cheerful, quickly saw the possibilities and hurried out to the garage for duct tape and wire. Team Bonham, Bill and I, salvaged the unbroken feeder base, filled an empty soda bottle with sugar water, screwed it into the base, and applied the duct tape to hold the curved piece of hanger wire in place.

We are now the proud owners of a DIY, redneck hummingbird feeder.

 
Hummingbirds like it!
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by and visiting. SalleeB