Bill is not a vegetable eater.
However,he loves this coleslaw! The brown sugar, vinegar, and mayonnaise blends into a tangy, sweet dressing that is enhanced by the tart craisins, or dried cranberries.
Personally, I like to eat a bowlful of craisin coleslaw for lunch. Just the coleslaw, with no sides. That's how good this coleslaw is.
You Will Crave More!
Eat one spoonful of this sweet, creamy, fruity coleslaw and you will crave more. Partner this amazing craisin coleslaw with all types of barbecued meat, spaghetti, or eat it for a quick snack.
The creamy, fruity goodness of this dish is great at 30 minutes, but it zooms to fabulous when the coleslaw ingredients can spend several hours getting better acquainted with each other in the refrigerator.
EquipmentMeasuring spoon set
1 cup liquid measuring cup
1 cup dry measuring cup
Knife, optional if not using an apple
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 Tbsps. vinegar, white or cider
- 2 1/2 Tbsps. packed brown sugar
- 1 16 oz. package cabbage and carrot coleslaw blend
- 1/2 cup craisins (dried cranberries)
· one medium apple, cored and diced
· 1/4 cup pineapple tidbits, well drained
· Place the first four ingredients in a large bowl, then whisk until the dressing is smooth and creamy.
· Add the package of coleslaw blend, craisins, and desired fruit. Mix well with a large spoon until the dressing evenly coats the coleslaw mix.
· Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
· Place in the refrigerator and chill for at least 30 minutes.