Saturday, April 20, 2013

Multi Month Spring Bulletin Board



Multi Month Spring Bulletin Board
 











After searching for a spring bulletin board that would last from March to May, I decided to combine two different ideas, bees and a word garden, to create my own spring bulletin board. The monthly ideas for taking the bulletin board from March to May are listed below. Add your decorations to the open areas and you will have your own multi month bulletin board.

·         March - green shamrocks

·         April - Easter eggs and/or daffodils

·         May -  Larger word flowers with larger leaves
 

Materials for Basic Bulletin Board

  •  brown and blue paper for the background - I used three extra large sheets of construction paper in each color.
  • 3" AccuCut flower die
  • Construction paper in desired colors for flowers.
  • Fine point black marker
  • 6 craft sticks
  • bulletin board trim in desired pattern
  • tape
  • stapler
  • scissors, adult size
  • Precut black letters or use AccuCut dies and construction paper

Bulletin Board Title

Our Un"bee"lievable Word Garden was made using purchased, precut black letters and AccuCut yellow construction paper for the "bee" letters. I did not use a pattern for the wings or bees. I drew the wing shape onto black construction paper with a pencil and then cut them out with scissors. I made the bumble bees by folding a square of yellow paper in half and cutting out a small circle, then a larger oval. The bumble bee stripes, letter stripes, and bee faces were drawn with a fine point black marker.The antennae are drawn on after placing the bumble bees and letters on the bulletin board.

.


 Word Garden Signs

The signs are constructed of orange squares and slightly smaller yellow squares that matched the border. I made tape rolls and taped the yellow squares to the orange squares. Then I lettered the signs, Creeping Phonograms, Blooming Affixes, and Math Patch. I used a stapler to staple the craft sticks onto the finished signs and then onto the bulletin board.



Flower Construction

I used an AccuCut die for most of the flowers.  I did not use a pattern for the leaves, instead I took a standard size sheet of colored copy paper and folded it in half twice. Using scissors, I cut out a leaf shape. The quarter folded sheet of paper yielded 4 leaves and I made three leaf shapes.

The Math Patch thin, yellow flower petals were cut out around the math words that I printed onto yellow paper first.
    Various types of flowers with math vocabulary and the prefixes mono, bi, tri, and quad. 
     
     
    The phonograms were chosen from The Reading Teacher's Book of Lists 
     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by and visiting. SalleeB