- Make sure your making a secure transaction. You should see https in the left side of the address bar of your web browser and see a closed lock symbol in the right side of the address bar.
- Use a credit card with a low maximum amount for online shopping.
- Use a refillable credit card, but you will pay a fee for this service
- Open a second checking account that is only for online checking and only deposit or transfer $50 or so into it every month. Then, if someone breaks into your account they will only get a small amount of money and not your complete paycheck for the month.
- You can connect a PayPal account to your second checking account and use PayPal to pay for many items. This will add another layer of security to your online shopping experience.