Saturday, January 17, 2015

SalleeB's Extra Large Strawberry Chocolate Hearts


Here is another version of my strawberry chocolate crispy treat hearts. Instead of making three inch hearts, I divided the cereal mix between to eight inch, heart shaped, cake pans. My husband loves Cocoa Dyno-Bites and I use them to make these yummy, cereal treats. 
Generously butter two, eight inch heart pans and pack with strawberry chocolate crispy treat mix. Firmly pack the warm mix together to rid the treats of air pockets.
After letting the packed cereal mix cool for about an hour, gently loosen the edges of the heart. I used a butter knife blade.Then, turn the cake pan upside down on a prepared cake board. Gently tap the bottom of the pan. The treat should release from the buttered pan easily.
I used butter cream frosting and fondant to decorate this eight inch treat for my daughter's birthday.
I frosted the treat with tinted, butter cream frosting. Next, using a piping tip, I made a "squiggle" border, piped alternating dots, flowers, and the hubby's name. The decorating possibilities are endless!
Click here for the Strawberry Chocolate Crispy Treat recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by and visiting. SalleeB