|Tangy parsley potato salad and crockpot BBQ Baby Back Ribs.|
Saturday was a gorgeous day! Fifty-five degrees and sunshine is almost unheard of in Missouri,during January. It was a perfect day to get some yard work done, get some sun, and eat barbecue.
The unseasonably warm weather kicked in my desire to eat BBQ.
Of course, it doesn't take much for me to start craving barbecued baby back ribs. My love of pork ribs slathered in honey hickory BBQ sauce has been well known for years, but I didn't discover crock pot BBQ ribs until last year when I saw a recipe over at The Country Cook. Now I can get my BBQ fix and get the yard work done at the same time. Sound good? I am happy to share my "secret recipe" with all of you.
The Country Cook's Crock pot BBQ Ribs Click here for the recipe
For marvelous, oven baked ribs that are finished in the broiler, try the recipe below.
Sallee's Simply Terrific BBQ Ribs Click here for the recipe
Parsley Potato Salad
- 4 medium white potatoes
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. sweet pickle juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper, or black pepper
- 2-3 teaspoons of dried parsley. I usually use 3 teaspoons.
- 1/4 tsp. celery seed
- 1/4 cup minced white, or yellow, onion
- Peel and cut potatoes into bite size squares.
- Place potatoes into a pot of water with water that just covers the potatoes.
- Simmer potatoes until just fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the water off of the potatoes and set aside.
- Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, sweet pickle juice, salt, pepper, and parsley in a medium bowl.
- Add potatoes and minced onion. Gently stir until well mixed. (A minute or two)
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of three hours. The flavors develop and blend in a wonderful way if you chill the potato salad for four to six hours.
1. After chilling, your potato salad may be too thick because the potatoes soaked up all the moisture. Add a tablespoon,or two of milk, and gently stir it into your potato salad to regain a creamy consistency.
2. Another option is to use chicken broth.