Thursday, October 3, 2013

Making Washer Necklaces


A Donation Deadline

 I have several pins on my Pinterest board, "Handmade Accessories", that feature washer necklaces with a bead or button strung on the ribbon above the washer. I have been wanting to make these for months. This summer, I even bought two dozen washers, three spools of narrow black ribbon, and disassembled several necklaces for this purpose. However, I just couldn't seem to find time to assembly the necklaces until I promised to make some for my local Christian Motorcyclists Association chapter. The local Fall Festival celebration is in September and the CMA chapter wanted to sell crafts as a fundraiser. Nothing like a deadline to help me get a project done.


Gift Bag Paper

My paper was from a dollar store gift bag that had a coordinating floral and stripe background. I liked the fact that the paper is sturdy and the design is coated so it will not bleed or fade when a topcoat is applied to it.
The last four of my dozen necklaces.

The Source of My Inspiration

The blogger that I found inspiration from is Deneen at  A Path of Paper. AND she found inspiration and a tutorial from Haley Dyer, The Inky Scrapper. Click on Haley's name and watch her tutorial for washer necklaces. Then, go create!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by and visiting. SalleeB