Saturday, September 14, 2013

Bulletproof Coffee and What Your Coffee Choice Says About You.

I am a coffee purist

I love coffee. Hot, dark, steamy, full-flavored, robust coffee.My automatic brew coffee pot has a fresh pot of coffee ready for me ten minutes before my alarm goes off. The aroma of the fresh brewed pot is the first thing I smell in the morning. That's my idea of a great morning!

 My daily coffee is Maxwell House French Roast. Black. No cream or sugar.

I have coffee that I prefer to drink, such as Folger's Gourmet Blend, but that isn't what I usually drink. Why not the Folger's you ask? The Maxwell House French Roast is consistently a dollar or two cheaper, that's why it isn't coming home with me. Budget, budget, budget.

Bulletproof Coffee Recipe


One of my Facebook friends drinks "Bullerproof Coffee". The recipe is interesting and my cousin, Sarah wants to try drinking it. Me? I don't think so. I just want pure, unadulterated, dark roast coffee in my cup. Call me a purist.

  • I drink Bulletproof Coffee from The Bulletproof Executive. I grind my beans and use a french press. I drink it black or with butter and oil during the week. (bold type added by me)
  • Sallee Bonham I have learned something new. Never heard of this before. Why butter or oil?

  •  I use both in the same cup of coffee. 2 tbsp butter (grass-fed, organic, unsalted) and 2 tbsp MCT oil, or Medium Chain Triglycerides oil.  I drink it for energy and because it's usually hours before I get a chance to eat. This fills me up and gives me plenty of energy to get through the morning. It's called "Bulletproof Coffee". created by the same guy I buy my beans from.

 

From Psychcentral - What Does Your Coffee Reveal About You?



DrinkPersonality TraitsThe Light SideThe Dark Side
Black coffee
  • Old school
  • Purist
  • Keep things simple
  • Patient
  • Efficient
  • Can be quiet and moody
  • Abrupt and dismissive
  • Sort of set in their ways
  • Resistant to making changes

Latte drinkers (folks who add milk/cream and sugar)
  • Comfort seekers
  • People pleasers
  • Open book
  • Like to soften the bitterness of life (like they soften the bitterness of coffee)
  • Generous with time
  • Will go out of their way to help others
  • Can get over-extended
  • Don’t always take great care of themselves

Frozen/ blended coffee drinks
  • Try lots of new things
  • Socially bold
  • Trendsetters
  • Childlike
  • Spontaneous
  • Imaginative
  • Fall for quick fixes
  • Don’t always make healthy choices
  • Can be reckless

Decaf/ soy milk/ Very specifically ordered coffee
  • Like being in control
  • May be labeled selfish
  • Obsessive
  • Perfectionist
  • Very aware of their health and bodies
  • Monitor their health
  • Tend to make healthy choices
  • Overfocus on rules, control and order
  • Overly sensitive
  • Tend to be worriers

Instant
coffee
  • Traditional in some ways
  • Laid back
  • Procrastinate
  • Take life as it comes
  • Don’t get too lost in details
  • Too laid back
  • Put things off and may neglect basic health issues
  • Poor planners


Do You Recognize Yourself ?

The black coffee drinker does seem to be fairly accurate in describing some of my character traits. Leave a comment and tell me if you think the table accurately describes you. This is for fun, so don't take it too heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by and visiting. SalleeB