Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Learning My Carb Counting Range and More

Life-long learner is a term that describes me well. 
A new project, or interest means I will immerse myself into learning and studying how to accomplish the task, or interest. This isn't just a passing phase, this is a part of my personality

Learning a new way of eating means I will devote myself to the initial learning and then keep myself updated. 

Online Research
First, I researched online to find out what types of food I needed to be eating and what type of plan would work well for me. Websites by individuals can be helpful, but my initial search for information was from research-based websites, like the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disorders (NIDDK) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH). 

The article that helped me shape my eating plan is linked to the NIDDK link above. 

Now on to carb counting.
I found a 15 pg. PDF booklet at www.lillydiabetes.com that I am finding to be very helpful and it has links to additional resources included. 

According to the booklet, most women need 45 to 60 grams of carbohydrates at each meal. This means the carb counting range for me is a total of 135-180 grams of carbs. 
I can easily count my carbs because I am using the LoseIt! online website and app to help me track what I eat. 
I hope you find this information helpful. I am finding that I can eat more food than I want and I am still losing weight and within my carb range. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by and visiting. SalleeB