Tuesday, January 31, 2017

My Cooking Hasn't Been Fancy

Since the beginning of January 2017 I haven't been posting much because I really haven't been cooking as much. 
Working 40 plus hours and winter weather has kept me viewing Netflix, or DVR recordings of cooking shows more than I have been in the kitchen.
Dinner - Deli Chicken
Twice a week, dinner has been fried chicken from the store deli, rotisserie chicken from the store deli, and canned veggies. Not real exciting fare.
Pasta, Pasta, Pasta
Next has been a lot of pasta with homemade white sauces. The hubby has a stomach issue that is keeping him from eating most tomato based pasta sauces. See? Nothing real exciting. Certainly not post worthy. I have already posted about making a basic white sauce.
Click Here for the white sauce recipe.
Roast in a Crockpot
 My crockpot has been getting a workout making pork roast and chuck roast that is served with the thickened broth. Again, nothing real exciting or post worthy.
Homemade Pizza
Pizza has also been served quite a bit lately and I have already posted about how to make homemade pizza,
Click Here for the update and recipe link
Future Posts
My youngest grandson is turning one in February and I am making a rubber duck smash cake. Watch for the pictures and step by step photos. Also, tricolor, Valentine cookies for the grandkids are going to be baking in a week or two.
So keep looking through my recipes and cooking up some homemade happiness on a plate!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by and visiting. SalleeB