Did you grow up snacking on pigs in a blanket? My mom fed us this kid fare regularly and we loved it. However, plain biscuit dough wrapped around a hot dog chunk no longer thrills me, but this updated version with chili powder and mozzarella cheese does!
- 2 - 7.5 oz.tubes of biscuit dough
- 1- 12 oz. package of hot dogs
- 3 Tbsp. of Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp. of mayonnaise
- Small amount of shredded mozzarella
- Small amount of chili powder
- Heat your oven to the temperature called for on the tubes of biscuit dough
- Cut the hot dogs in half crosswise. You will end up with about 16 hot dog pieces.
- Open the tubes of biscuit dough.
- Press each piece of dough into a flat round and wrap it around a hot dog half.
- Place the dough wrapped hot dogs into a small baking pan. Note: There will be about 4 extra biscuits. I cooked mine in the pan with the cheesy dogs and sprinkled cheese and chili powder on them. They will be done in about 12-15 minute.
- When all of the hot dog pieces are wrapped in dough, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and then chili powder.
- Place in the oven and back until biscuits are golden brown, about 25 - 30 minutes.
- While the hot dogs are baking, blend the Sriracha chili sauce and mayo in a serving container.
Let the cheesy dogs cool about 5-8 minutes before dividing them onto a plate. That melted cheese is hot!