Thursday, August 13, 2015

Trying Out New Recipes

My definition of being adventurous includes cooking with a new recipe. Sometimes it will turn out to be amazing and then, you have the "just okay" end result. 

Three new recipes have been tried out in the Bonham test kitchen. Bill happily taste tested each one. I have written about the rhubarb "cupcakes" that turned out to be muffins. lol...lol 

A new pizza, Chicken Taco Pizza, that I dreamed up myself turned out well. I used my go to pizza dough recipe and made one little change - proofing the yeast dough for fifteen minutes. Proofing is just a baking term that means leaving the dough alone, in a covered container, to rise. The dough was tender, light, and just thinking about it makes my mouth water. However, I need to adjust the chicken seasoning to get a stronger taco flavor. Which means....woohoo...I am cooking pizza again! You can never eat enough pizza. Just sayin'.

Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies with a secret ingredient that adds a crispy element to the gooey goodness of chocolate chips was my next new recipe. I am tweaking the oatmeal component of this recipe THEN you will be seeing a post. Seriously, the cookies taste just as good three days after I baked them. Honest. 

The tasty cookies did not last long. We applied the Bonham cookie eating formula - one cookie means two, two cookies means four - to our after dinner cookie eating. 

Bill says,"Want a cookie?"
Sallee replies,"Yes."
"How many do you want?"
"Two"

And when he brings me my two cookies, I actually have a stack of four cookies. This is the Bonham cookie eating formula in action. 

Are you being adventurous in the kitchen and trying out new recipes? Come on and share with me. I would love to hear about your recipe success' and almost a fail attempts. 
SalleeB


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by and visiting. SalleeB