Thursday, July 2, 2015

A Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough-Strawberry-Banana Split


This week, the local grocery store has ice cream and frozen, whole strawberries on sale. Happily, I decided it was time to make my favorite July dessert - a banana split! 

I must have stood in front of the dairy case for five minutes trying to decide on one flavor of ice cream. What a tough decision, picking one flavor out of fifteen flavors! Finally, a carton of chocolate chip cookie dough was sitting in the shopping cart beside the bunch of bananas and the one pound package of whole frozen strawberries. 

Before making supper, I poured the pound of frozen strawberries into a quart bowl to thaw and sprinkled a 1/4 cup of sugar over the berries. I knew that supper was going to take about an hour to cook, plenty of time for the berries to thaw. However, I can always thaw frozen berries in the microwave by using the timed defrost setting.  

After supper, it was time to assemble and make two banana splits in the vintage glass banana split dishes I love. Carefully, I split two bananas in half and laid them in the bottom of each dish. Three scoops of ice cream soon sat on top of the split bananas. Then, I spooned the now thawed, sweetened strawberries over the middle scoop of ice cream and I squeezed chocolate syrup over the end scoops of ice cream. That's it, an easy dessert that looks elegant when served in glass serving dishes. 

Now, it is time to eat a banana split!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by and visiting. SalleeB