Saturday, June 13, 2015

SalleeShares - Eating at the Rib Crib, Springfield, Missouri


Bill and I rode our motorcycles to Springfield, Missouri this week. The purpose of our day trip was to shop at the Springfield Leather Company on Glenstone Avenue. psst...they sell beads and jewelry supplies too! Click Here to see their website.

After buying glass beads, a small roll of s-lon cord, and assorted leather working items, Bill asked me if I was hungry. Well heck yeah! I had not eaten breakfast, had ridden over 135 miles, AND it was 2:00 in the afternoon. 

We rode our bikes to the Rib Crib  at 1640 N. Glenstone Avenue. What a joy to sit down in air-conditioning and enjoy a glass of unsweetened ice tea! Did I mention it was 85 degrees and sunny? I'm not complaining. I swear I'm not. 

My First Experience at Rib Crib
Anyway, Bill has eaten at Rib Crib before, but this was my first visit. The menu isn't overly cluttered; it is a typical folding menu with sections for lunch, dinner, salads, sandwiches, sides, and drinks. I spent about three minutes looking at the menu. Prices for most lunch choices at Rib Crib are in the $8 to $10 range. 
Click Here to see the menu.

Smokin' Sandwiches Since I was going to be riding another 135 miles home, I didn't want to tackle a combo platter and was hungry enough that I wanted more than a salad. The "Smokin' Sandwiches with Seasoned Fries" section of the menu seemed like a good choice. My sandwich pick was the Smokestack BBQ Sandwich basket with pulled pork.  Click Here to see a picture 

Fast n Friendly Service - Large Portions Even though it was mid afternoon - not prime dining time -  my food order arrived within ten minutes. The friendly, attentive waitress brought my plate and I was surprised to see what appeared to be a half pound of hot, nicely smoked, pulled pork between the toasted halves of a bun. Plus, the sandwich was framed by an extra large portion of seasoned fries. Seriously, the sandwich and seasoned fries I was served looked just like the menu picture. You know how rarely that happens! 

The House BBQ Sauces Two bottles of house BBQ sauce were on the table, a hot sauce and a mild sauce. I squirted a penny sized puddle of the hot and the mild BBQ sauces into the basket and sampled each one. The mild was nicely sweet with a slight tang, too tame for my liking.  I like spicy sauces, but not fiery, melt-my-tongue sauces. My initial opinion of the hot BBQ sauce was that it was slightly sweet and mildly spicy. I applied it to my pulled pork sandwich and started eating. Five minutes later, I realized that my mouth was warm and getting warmer, but not unpleasantly so. 

The Entire Experience
Bill won some points with me. My entire dining experience was pleasant and enjoyable. The waitress was attentive, kept showing up at my elbow to ask if I wanted more ice tea, the food was fresh, and the bathrooms were clean. All in all, a four star dining experience. 

I definitely want to go back to the Rib Crib on N. Glenstone Avenue, the next time we are in Springfield,MO! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by and visiting. SalleeB