|1. This is my favorite. I would like to|
use this design again
With Valentine's Day only five weeks away, I decided to bake the leftover dough into heart cookies and practice my piping skills with the leftover frosting. My momma always says,"Practice makes perfect."
All of the piping was done with a #21 star tip.
|2. An assortment of swirled roses.|
|3. A broken cookie from my bear cake project, decorated with|
swirls and stars.
|4. My husband laughed when he saw my chocolate version|
of tic-tac-toe, or hugs n kisses. He enjoyed eating it. I would
like to make this design with a piping tip for the
Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting
Ingredients1/2 cup white shortening
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2/3 cup unsweetened, cocoa powder
4 cups. powdered sugar
3 - 4 1/2 Tbsp. milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and butter on medium speed.
- Add vanilla and cocoa powder.
- Stir it in until the cocoa powder is mixed in.
- Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time.
- Beat well after each addition.
- Scrape bowl often.
- Add milk and beat until fluffy.
- Adjust amount of milk to get the consistency you want.
- Keep bowl covered with plastic wrap until ready to use.
Store left over frosting in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to two weeks. Before using again, remove from refrigerator, let warm up for 20-30 minutes. Then beat the frosting until it is fluffy again.