New Year's Eve is movie night at the Bonham house. Traditionally, a full meal is not served. Instead, a selection of appetizers and finger foods are set out buffet style. About 6:00 P.M., a pot of dark roast coffee is brewed and sparkling water is available in an assortment of flavors. Cherry Limeade is a family favorite. Try this trio of addictive appetizers at your next special occasion. Your family, friends, and acquaintances will love them.
- Cocktail Mini-Sausages
Dinner rolls were on the table, too. Anyone desiring a mini-sausage roll had that option.
Shrimp Stuffed Baby Portobello Mushrooms
Garlic Shrimp Spread
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/8-1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 10 medium, peeled and deveined frozen shrimp
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium to low heat.
- Add garlic powder and shrimp to skillet.
- Saute until the shrimp are thawed.
- Put the shrimp and butter in a food processor or mini food chopper.
- Cube the cream cheese and add it to the food processor.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Place the mixture in a bowl
- Cover with plastic wrap
- Chill in the refrigerator until firm.
Serve with round, all-purpose crackers