Sunday, December 23, 2012

An Appetizer Basic - Crockpot Party Meatballs

A Basic Go-To Recipe

The Country Cook: Crock Pot Party Meatballs: What is it about meatballs that we love?  Go to any potluck or party and if there is a Crock Pot of meatballs sitting out, you will usu...

I saw this recipe as I was browsing online today and it reminded me that New Years Eve is right around the corner. Most of us have used a version of Brandie's recipe, but it never hurts to be reminded of a great, go to recipe. My memory is so full of holiday happenings that I think I could forget my own name occasionally.

Mix n Match Ingredients 

Chili sauce or bar-b-cue sauce can be used when you make your crock pot appetizer.  I know you have a favorite bar-b-cue sauce that will work well. I browsed through the comments and a few of the other versions used jellied cranberry sauce instead of grape jelly. Hmmm, I think I am going to try that cause cranberry sauce is always a staple on my canned goods shelf. I wonder what whole berry cranberry sauce would taste like with this? If you have tried that combination, please share your thoughts on whether you liked it or not.

Meatballs are good, but I really love sausages of all types. I buy a three pound bag of smoked, Polish, or kielbasa; slice the sausage into one inch pieces; and add in place of the meat balls. Bill prefers skinless sausages, but that doesn't affect the yumminess of your appetizer at all. Happy Jesus's Birthday and may you be blessed in the coming new year of 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for stopping by and visiting. SalleeB