|Right to Left: Beginning to End|
Of course I said YES!
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make a white cake mix according to the package directions.
- Grease and flour a 1.5 quart crock pot insert - see the picture below.
- Put liners for 2 jumbo cupcakes into jumbo cupcake pan.
- Filling the jumbo cupcake liners 2/3 full of batter and pouring the rest into the greased and floured cake pan.
- Cook for 20 - 24 minutes. Check the jumbo cupcakes by inserting a toothpick into the cupcakes about halfway between the edge and center of the cupcakes. If the toothpick comes out clean, your cupcakes are done.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes in the pan. Remove from the pan and let cool on a cooling rack.
- Cook the cake for another 16 minutes and check the cake for doneness with a bamboo skewer about halfway between the edge and center of the cake. If the skewer comes out clean, your cake is done.
- Remove cake from oven and cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- After cooling the cake and cupcakes, wrap them in plastic wrap and put them in the freezer until good and firm.
- Remove wrapped cupcakes and mini-cake.
- Cut the rounded tops off of the two jumbo cupcakes to form a flat surface.
- On one of the cupcakes only, cut off 1/3rd from the bottom end. This will be the bottom of your duck head.
- Pipe a dam of frosting around the top, outside edge of the trimmed cupcake, then fill with a thin coat of frosting inside the dam. Place the whole jumbo cupcake, topside down, onto the top of the frosting. Apply a thin base coat to the cupcakes and put back into the freezer until the frosting is firm.
- Apply a base coat of frosting to the duck head and the mini-cake. Finish frosting the head and the body of the cake. and chill until the duck head can be handled and attacked to the mini-cake as pictured below.