I used a box of strawberry cake mix and followed the package directions. One box of cake mix made enough cake batter for one bunny cake and five standard cupcakes.
bunny cake: about 25-30 minutes
5 cupcakes: about 12 minutes
- After cooling the cake completely on a baking rack, apply a thin base coat of frosting. Make sure to fill in any gaps between the cake and cake plate.
- Put the cake in the freezer compartment of your refrigerator until the base coat is completely firm.
white bunny fur - #177 drop flower tip
pink accents - #16 open star tip
eye center - upside down chocolate chips
Remove the cake from the freezer and frost in the following order:
- outline and fill in the pink ear centers.
- pipe the nose and mouth
- make two pink circles for the eyes
- pipe on the fur over the entire cake
- apply upside down chocolate chips for pupil of eyes
- pipe eyelashes and whiskers.
Amazon.com sells similar cake pans for under $10. Now you can make a bunny cake too!