Try my five step method for turning bacon strips into a crispy sheet of golden brown bacon that can be sliced into two squares.
Five easy steps to the the perfect sandwich bacon
1. Place eight strips of bacon in an 8" x 11.5" casserole dish that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray, overlap the slices. You may need to place the outside slices slightly up the side of the casserole dish.
2. Place into the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Many recipes will tell you to bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, but I think this is too hot. I have made this many times and it is perfect this way.
3. Turn bacon sheet over when top is browned, about 15 minutes.
4. Remove cooked sheet of bacon to a double layer of paper towels.
5. Drain and then slice in half.
Note: Spraying the casserold dish with cooking spray will make cleanup quicker. Also, soak the casserole dish in hot, soapy water for a few minutes.
The bacon can be cut into a square that fits a slice a bread perfectly because it was overlapped and formed a sheet of bacon!
|Golden brown sheet of bacon sliced in half .|